About          Blog          Team          Services

Pathfynder Solicitors

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn
Contact email Contact number

© Pathfynder Limited 2017. Pathfynder Solicitors is a trading name of Pathfynder Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 10170947. The registered address is King House, 5-11 Westbourne Grove, London, W2 4UA. Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, SRA No. 629672.


1 Nov 2016

Spouse or civil partner

The spouse or civil partner visa caters for situations where a person with either British Citizenship, indefinite leave to remain, refugee status or humanitarian protection wants to bring their spouse or civil partner to the UK.

There are a number of requirements to be met to prove the genuineness of the relationship but over the last few years the requirement that has caused the most controversy is the requirement to satisfy a higher financial means requirement.

Spouse or civil partner

On 9 July 2012, UKVI introduced rules requiring those applying for a spouse or civil partner visa to demonstrate that the sponsoring partner had an income of at least £18,600 per annum or savings of £62,500. This has been the subject of much litigation and we are currently awaiting a decision from the Supreme Court on this issue.

If you would like to discuss your eligibility for a spouse or civil partner visa, please feel free to contact us.

Please note that this article is for information only and should not be taken as legal and/or financial advice. Immigration law changes regularly and it may be the case that this page has not been updated to take into account the latest changes. If you would like advice on your personal circumstances, please feel free to contact us.