Pathfynder Solicitors

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn

About us

Our blog

Our team

Our services

Contact us

free immigration advice Client feedback

© Pathfynder Limited 2018. Pathfynder Solicitors is a trading name of Pathfynder Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 10170947. The registered address is King House, 5-11 Westbourne Grove, London, W2 4UA. Authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, SRA No. 629672.


EB-1: Foreign nationals of extraordinary ability - 8 November 2017

The EB-1 visa program allows foreign nationals who posses extraordinary abilities in sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics through sustained national or international acclaim to obtain permanent residency (green card) status in the United States. A permanent offer of employment in the US is not required, as applicants are able to self-petition, however, they must intend to work in the US in their field of expertise. Documentation is required to demonstrate the national and international acclaim in the applicant’s particular area.

Additionally, outstanding professors or researchers are eligible to apply. Professors or researchers must have at least three years experience in teaching or research in that academic area, and must be entering the US in order to pursue tenure or tenure track teaching or comparable research position at a university or other institution of higher education.

Moreover, some executives and managers of foreign companies are also eligible for an EB-1. The executive or manager must have been employed outside the US for three years preceding the application with any company. However, the applicant must be specifically employed by a firm or corporation for one year prior to the EB-1 visa, and must be coming to the US to continue to work with the same firm or corporation.

Please note that this article is for information only and should not be taken as legal and/or financial advice. Immigration law changes regularly and it may be the case that this page has not been updated to take into account the latest changes. If you would like advice on your personal circumstances, please feel free to contact us.